Introduction to Opto 22 groov
Modbus TCP Devices with groov
The groov Edge Appliance (groov Box) is Opto 22’s Internet of Things (IoT) and operator interface appliance that provides visualization, data handling, and connectivity to automation systems, software, databases, and devices of all kinds.
Visualization: With browser-based groov View, easily build an operator interface to see and interact with data from sensors and automation systems, cloud applications, databases, web services, and more. Securely view the interface you build on any brand device, from a smartphone to a computer to a web-enabled big-screen TV. groov View includes user authorization, trending, events, and notifications.
Data Handling: The key to IoT usefulness is getting the data out of where it’s trapped and into the systems and software where it’s needed. Built into the groov Box are Node-RED, an IoT rapid application development environment, and RESTful APIs to groov Data Stores. Add a groov Enterprise license and also use Ignition Edge® with OPC-UA drivers to Allen-Bradley® and Siemens® PLCs, plus MQTT/Sparkplug for efficient and secure industrial data communications.
Connectivity: Connect to all kinds of devices and systems to monitor and control them and move data between them:
- Modbus®/TCP devices and Opto 22 groov EPIC and SNAP PAC controllers
- Cloud applications, IoT platforms, on-premises databases, and external web services
- (Requires a groov Enterprise license) Connect to Allen-Bradley and Siemens PLCs using OPC UA. Use the MQTT transport protocol with Sparkplug payload to publish and subscribe data from devices connected to the groov Box.
A self-contained, industrially hardened appliance, the groov Box includes two independent 1-GB Ethernet interfaces and USB expansion for wireless LAN interfaces. The Box has a solid-state fanless design with no moving parts, a wide 0-70 °C (32-158 °F) operating temperature range, and a compact footprint.
groov brings data from process control, OEM machines, manufacturing and building systems, and the Internet of Things (IoT) to the people and systems that need it.
Product Features & Benefits
- The browser-based software you use on your computer to build mobile operator interfaces.
- Runs in your web browser—Firefox, Chrome, IE 10, Safari
- No extra software to install; no plugins
- Connect to Modbus/TCP devices, databases, online services, software APIs, Opto 22 PACs, and OPC UA equipment & servers
- No coding or programming
- Drag and drop from a library of touchscreen-ready gadgets
- Then just tag the gadgets. No tag limits.
- Set user permissions and security
- Log events and notify technicians via email
- Remote Monitoring
Product Features & Benefits
- The interface you’ve built, which your users can securely view from just about any mobile device or computer.
- Free groov View app for iOS and Android
- Browser-based View for all brands
- Log in on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer (even a web-enabled HDTV)
- View pages and data as authorized
- Monitor and control your system or equipment from anywhere
- Receive event notifications via email
- No keys; no user fees
- No user or device limits
- Remote Control
- SMS txt Messaging
- Modbus TCP
- Secure, Easy to Set-up